In this issue:
(i) Dr. Teerapat Sanguankotchakorn appointed as a member of Board of Governors of ThaiPBS
Dr. Teerapat Sanguankotchakorn, a faculty member in Telecommunications Field of Study, Department of Information and Communication Technology, School of Engineering and Technology, has been appointed by Thai Prime Minister, General Prayut Chan-o-cha, as a member of Board of Governors of Thai Public Broadcasting Service (ThaiPBS).
This appointment has been announced officially in the Thai Royal Gazette on 13 December 2018.
Thai Public Broadcasting Service, which is known as ThaiPBS, is the one public broadcaster in Thailand and Southeast Asia. It was established by the Thai Public Broadcasting Service Act, BE 2551 (2008), which came into force on 15 January 2008. According to the PBS Act, ThaiPBS (Thai Public Broadcasting Service), receives financial support of 2 billion Thai Baht each year to ensure its financial independence and to protect itself against any possible business links.
(ii) Orientation Day for New Students: 4 Jan. 2019
Orientation Day will be organized on 4 January 2018 for new students joining AIT at Robert B. Banks Auditorium.
More details: https://www.ait.ac.th/events/
(iii) AIT is Hosting ICC U19 Cricket World Cup Matches
AIT Cricket Grounds are once again the venue of the International Cricket Council (ICC) matches. Only two cricket grounds in Bangkok host these matches and AIT is one of them.
The ICC Under-19 are important since they provide the first opportunity to young cricketers to play in an international tournament.
Today Oman plays Bhutan from 09:30 hours.
Schedule of Matches at AIT
17 December (Monday) 3rd Place Playoff
(iv) Condolence: Passing away of the mother of Ms. Jiraporn (Fah) Kudeerak, a staff of AIT Solutions
Email from OHRS (10 Dec. 2018)
It is with great sadness to announce that Mrs. Vilai Kudeerak, mother of Ms. Jiraporn (Fah) Kudeerak, a staff of AIT Solutions had passed away on 8 December 2018.
The cremation was on Wednesday, 12 December 2018 at Wat Sawongsamatdeetham, Klong 5, Tanyaburi, Pathumthani.
We wish to express our heartfelt condolences to the family of Khun Jiraporn during this time of bereavement.
(v) URGENT: Invitation to NPU, China Winter Program from 4-17 January 2019: Deadline: 18 December 2018
Email from AIT Career Center (13 Dec. 2018)
Northwestern Polytechnical University (NPU), the only multidisciplinary and research-oriented university in China that is simultaneously developing education and research programs in the fields of aeronautics, astronautics, and marine technology engineering, a National Key University located in Xi'an, Shaanxi, China and one of AIT' s most active partners has sent a special invitation to AIT students for a 2-week winter program, which will be held at NPU, Xi'an from 4-17 January 2019.
NPU will provide full support for FIVE AIT students for all local expenditures, including course fee, accommodation, food, local transportation and culture visits, etc. Other interested AIT students (max 20 persons) will be provided half-support and NPU will charge 495 USD per student.
Cost for traveling (international ticket), insurance, visa fee will be borne by students.
If interested to participate, please thus find the attached file sent by AIT Career Center & fill in the:
(1) NPU Application Form
(2) Application Form for AIT Evaluation and submit together with
(3) front page of passport copy by email asap to:
Deadline for application: 18 December 2018 (Tuesday)
For more details, please email:
Lastly, please also find below links of related report of experiences in the NPU Winter Program for Jan 2018 by some AIT students who joined this program:
(vi) The winners of the lucky draw : AIT Library User Satisfaction Survey 2018
Email from AIT Library (14 Dec. 2018)
The Library would like to thank everyone who has helped complete the AIT Library User Satisfaction Survey 2018. The survey results will improve library resources and services.
Below are the winners of the lucky draw.
5 Ferrero Rocher Chocolate - st118936, st120043, st114384, st119936, st119485
3 Wireless mousses – st119309, st120591, st105891
2 Knapsacks – st118851, st119393
6 Teddy bears – st120137, st119977, st119738, st120523, st119771, st119981
3 Towers – st120429, st118390, st120254
The winners kindly contact the staff at the circulation desk. Please show your ID card to the staff on duty.
Also, all participants of the survey please contact the staff at the circulation desk for small gifts.
Thank you very much for your time and cooperation.
(vii) Maintenance of the Library website server
Email from AIT Library (10 Dec. 2018)
Due to the Library website server maintenance, the following link is temporarily unavailable until further notice.
To search library materials and online databases during this period, please find the links below.
The Library Catalog to search library collection of books, theses, and other materials.
1 Elesevier ebook https://www.sciencedirect.com/browse/journals-and-books
2. Springer ebook https://link.springer.com/
1. ACM Digital Library http://dl.acm.org/
2. ASCE Library Complete Collection http://ascelibrary.org
3. EBSCO Business Source Complete http://web.a.ebscohost.com/ehost/search/selectdb?vid=0&sid=909b2d93-dbd9...
4. Emerald Emerging Market Case Studies https://www.emeraldinsight.com/topic/cs_all?sortByPpub=
5. Emerald Management e-Journal Premier https://www.emeraldinsight.com/action/showPublications?&pubType=journal
6. IEEE/IET Electronic Library https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/home.jsp
7. Journal Citation Report https://jcr.incites.thomsonreuters.com/JCRLandingPageAction.action?Init=...
8. Knovel https://app.knovel.com/web/
9. ScienceDirect https://www.sciencedirect.com/
10. Scopus https://www.scopus.com/search/form.uri?display=basic
11. SpringerLink https://link.springer.com/
12. Web of Science (Web of Knowledge) http://apps.webofknowledge.com/
The Library apologizes for any inconvenience caused.
(viii) Customer Satisfaction Survey of OFAM services/facilities
Email from OFAM (7 Dec. 2018)
Dear AIT Community,
The objective of this survey is to understand the need of the community and to get your feedback and evaluation on the performance of the contracted services and facilities under OFAM. These services include Technical Maintenance, Janitorial services, Landscape maintenance, Security services, Cafeteria, Snack bar, AITCC, Dining, Call Center, Accommodation and Motor pool.
We would like to invite you to participate in this survey and express your views on how we could improve and provide better services / facilities to the community.
To fill the survey, please click on the below link
Kindly note that the closing date of the survey is Wednesday, 19 December 2018
All who will participate in this survey will have a chance to win the following giveaways.
• 3 regular buffet lunch coupon for 2 persons (Served on Tuesday) valued at 150 Baht/Person at AITCC dining room
• 5 noodle buffet lunch coupons for 2 persons (Served on Wednesday and Friday) valued at 89 Baht/person at AITCC dining room
• 10 prizes which includes wireless stereo head set, speakers, wireless mouse, AIT mugs
(ix) Survey on Auxiliary Services Concessionaires
Email from auxiliary Services (15 Dec. 2018)
To facilitate on how effective the services provided by Auxiliary Services Concessionaries, we are requesting the community to express their views on how these services were conducted by participating in this survey. Please note that this would also help us to correct and improve their performance to serve the community in a better way.
The survey link,
For those of you who assist us with this survey, as a gesture of thanks, there will be a raffle draw (winners to be announced on 3 January 2019) and prizes at stake as follows:
1st Price = 3 (Three) Power Bank (eloop 11000 mAh)
2nd Price = 2 (Two) Bluetooth Speaker
3rd Price = 6 (Six) AIT Thermos Bottle
Consolation Price = 10 (Ten) Beverage Coupon for 2 persons valued at 65.00 Baht each at Hom Krun Coffee
Survey starts from today till 31 December 2018.
Thank you very much for your kind cooperation and support.
● All “approved” 2018 Payment Requests/ Cash Payment Summary with attached supplier invoices/receipts (dated within 2018) should be received by Finance Office by 24 December 2018.
● Please avoid any delay submission of the above documents since Finance has deadline to close the annual account. Delay submission means your request for payment will not be able to charge to 2018 budget.
● Overtime cut off is 13 December.
● Actual overtime up to the cut-off date plus estimation of overtime for the remaining weeks up to 31st December 2018 must reach Finance Office by 13th of December 2018 for reserving in 2018 account.
● Failure to submit estimated overtime within the deadline means there will be no budget to pay the overtime.
Before issuing Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order in December 2018, please check whether works/services can be delivered/completed within the year 2018 or not. If yes, Purchase Requisition must be approved before 13 December 2018 and all Purchase Orders must be approved before 19 December 2018.
Work/service/Goods which cannot be completed/delivered within 2018, Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order must be issued in 2019 and will be charged to 2019 budget. External Auditor will not accept to record goods /services delivered in 2019 in the year 2018.
For materials/ services to be delivered in 2018, please request suppliers to submit their Suppliers’ invoices to Finance office by December 31 for recording in 2018 account.
Note: There is a repeated misunderstanding every year that by placing Purchasing Requisition (PR) or Purchase Order (PO) in 2018, it is sufficient to utilize the 2018 budget. This is not possible unless goods/services are delivered in 2018, not 2019.
Please settle your Promissory note and RTA within 24 December 2018.
● All Units which have authority to update Internal Charges through ERP must ensure that the charges of 2018 have been completely updated by 24 December 2018. Units which do not have the authority must submit the Internal Charge Form to Finance Office by 24 December 2018.
Schools/cost centers to ensure Form E has been completely issued for all closing projects in 2018. Please also provide the list of the completed projects (both Academic and non-Academic projects) to Finance office. Khun Vandee, Administrative Staff, will contact schools/units for the list.
● Ms. Orawan Kosaipolkul, Senior Accounting Manager Ext # 6346
● Ms. Chirapar, Finance Manager Ext # 6342 (for Payment)
● Ms Pakkamol, Director, Procurement, Inventory and Assets Ext # 5029 (for Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order)
(i)LECTURES / SEMINARS / CONFERENCES
(a) International Symposium on Disaster Resilience and Sustainable Development: 7 – 8 Mar. 2019
An international symposium on "Disaster Resilience and Sustainable Development: Integrating Higher Education Institutions achieving SFDRR and SDG" will be organized from 7-8 March 2019 at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT).
• Dr. Eden Woon, President of AIT, and Associate Prof. Dr. Khunying Sumontha Promboon, President of Chitralada Technology Institute (CDTI), will sign a Memorandum of Understanding between AIT and CDTI on Wednesday, 19 December 2018 at CDTI.
(i) Improvement project : Cleaning and Painting of Dorm J Building
Email from OFAM (11 Oct. 2018)
Please be informed that subcontractor will start the improvement project at Dorm J, to clean and paint the exterior and corridors of the building.
Project has started on 12 October 2018 (Friday)
Expected to finish by mid of November 2018.
During this time there may be loud noise and dust around the area work. Residents of Dorm J are requested to close their doors and windows properly.
Apologies for any inconvenience that it may cause.
After this dorm, we will continue with dorm E and Dorm K, which will be announced later.
Mr. Muhammad Amir Izhar / Manila, Philippines / 24 – 30 November 2018*
Dr. Pramin Norachan / Yangon, Myanmar / 3 – 4 December 2018*
Dr. Naveed Anwar / Yangon, Myanmar / 3 – 4 December 2018*
Mr. Thaung Htut Aung / Yangon, Myanmar / 3 – 5 December 2018*
Prof. Nitin Kumar Tripathi / Jodphur and Rajasthan, India / 6 – 9 December 2018*
Mr. Pragya Roy / Dhaka, Bangladesh / 7 – 10 December 2018*
Dr. Rishiraj Dutta / Uttarakhand, India / 9 – 13 December 2018*
Dr. Manzul K. Hazarika / Uttarakhand, India / 9 – 21 December 2018
Dr. Anil Kumar Anal / New Delhi, India / 11 – 13 December 2018*
Mr. Chatuphol Pholwan / Petchaburi,Thailand / 11 – 13 December 2018*
Mr. Md. Anishur Rahman / Petchaburi, Thailand / 11 – 13 December 2018*
Dr. Sangam Shrestha / Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam / 12 – 13 December 2018*
Prof. Kyoko Kusakabe / Yangon, Myanmar / 12 – 15 December 2018*
Dr. Thi Phuoc Lai Nguyen / Rome, Italy / 17 – 21 December 2018
Dr. Oleg Shipin / Sukhothai and Phrae, Thailand / 17 – 21 December 2018
Ms. Warindhorn Wachirasiri / Chonburi, Thailand / 21 – 22 December 2018
*(Staff or faculty member travelled and returned to AIT prior to documentation received for publication)
Position: Administrative Staff (Finance Officer) (AIT Solutions)
Ref. No. 41/18
Deadline: 31 December 2018
Faculty Position: Assistant/Associate Professor (AARM) (School of Environment, Resources & Development)
Ref. No. Fac 09/18
Deadline: 31 December 2018
Position: Technical Staff (Technician) (Office of Facilities and Assets Management )
Ref. No. 38/18
Deadline: 31 December 2018
Position: Administrative Staff (School of Environment, Resources & Development)
Ref. No. 69/18
Deadline: 4 January 2018
Faculty Position (Assistant Professor or Associate Professor) (School of Engineering & Technology)
Ref. No. Fac 02/18
Deadline: 15 January 2018
Senior Librarian (Head of Cataloguing Section) (AIT Library)
Ref. No. 39/18
Deadline: 15 January 2018